Sewing Machine Review : Brother CS6000i
We recently had a chance to test drive the BROTHER CS6000i and must admit we were pleasantly surprised. It has tons of features, comes with a great selection of sewing feet but the real shocker was the price –It’s just $154.99.
MANUFACTURES DESCRIPTION: A computerized sewing machine with 60 stitch functions, and an oversized table for large sewing & quilting projects. This light weight computerized sewing machine is heavy on the features that you are looking for! The CS-6000i has 60 built in stitches including, utility, decorative, heirloom, quilting and 7 styles of one step auto-sizing buttonholes. Whether you sew for crafting, garment, home decoration, or quilting; this machine has it all for you at an affordable price! The CS-6000i also includes a wide assortment of sewing feet
WHY WE LIKE IT: There’s a reason the CS-6000i is so popular among sewing enthusiasts; It offers great features at incredibly affordable price (I mean seriously it’s just $154.99) . I learned to sew using a Brother and can personally attest that the brand makes solid, reliable machines. Plus the CS-6000i comes with lots of accessories,extra bobbins, a needle set, an extra spool pin, twin needle, seam ripper, cleaning brush, and much more. Best of all it includes additional specialty machine feet.While most machine only come with a zipper foot as an add on, the CS-6000i comes packaged with a Monogramming Foot, Buttonhole Foot, Blind Stitch Foot, Overcasting Foot, Zipper Foot, and Button Fitting Foot.
- It’s Quiet!!
- Drop in Bobbin winding system.
- 7 styles of button holes (yup this isn’t a typo, it really has 7 styles of button holes).
- 60 built in stitches.
- It’s very easy to use the automatic threaded. Plus the directions with steps & pictures are printed on the machine so even a beginner could do it.
- It’s surprisingly light weight.
- Forget about using that cheap dollar store thread in this baby- otherwise you’ll probably encounter problems with the tension.
- It doesn’t come with a cover or carrying case
- And while this isn’t really a CON, I thought that I’d point out that just like any other piece of technology, it’s important to READ the manual. Yup I said it,learn about your new machine first then start sewing!
BEST FOR: Every day use.