Are you interested in sewing for a cause? Well in the spirit of the season, we decided to put together a short list of some of the organizations in our country accepting charitable donations.
- Project Linus : Distributes blankets to children who are seriously ill, traumatized or otherwise in need.
- Every Child : works with organizations in the community to provide clothing, diapers, blankets, toys, books, and other essential items to infants and children in need.
- American Hero Quilts
- Blankets of Hope : Provides blankets to wounded soldiers in VA hospitals.
- Soldiers Angels : This is an incredible organization doing valuable work. Soldiers’ Angels relies on donations of items (donations in kind) to sustain three of their most important projects: Care packages, Vet Packs, and First Response (for the wounded) backpacks
- Blankets of Belief : Provides your hand made blankets to actively deployed soldiers.
- Baby Threads of NH : Helps needy children & families in New Hampshire.
- New Borns in Need: Distributes your hand made items to sick and needy babies.
- Quilt for a Cure : The Warrior Quilt project. Fighting Breast Cancer one square at a time.
- Pink Slipper Project : Helps women & children in shelters.
As you can imagine this is just a partial list of the the many deserving charities helping families in need. Please feel free to drop us a note, if you know of another charity we should add to our list.